Topology, Geometry, and Data Analysis at OSU
The TGDA group is an interdepartmental group at OSU, with faculty from with CSE, Mathematics, and Statistics whose interests span the following topics:
- clustering algorithms and Reeb graph / dendrogram reconstruction
- computational topology
- surface/manifold reconstruction and mesh generation
- computing optimal homology generators
- metric measure spaces and shape matching
- low-distortion metric embeddings
- Morse theory
- random graphs and percolation theory
- random topology
- topological graph theory
- geometric approximation algorithms
- persistent homology and cohomology, and applications
- spectral and geometric methods in machine learning and data analysis
- geometric and topological methods in data analysis
The TGDA seminar is a regular interdepartmental seminar, joint between CSE, Mathematics, and Statistics.
- AYLA. Collaborative visual analytic platform. Produces a 2D-terrain metaphor to visualize/explore the high-dimensional molecular simulation data.
- CoCone. Surface reconstruction software.
- DENALI. Tool to visualize scalar functions defined on trees, graphs and point clouds using a terrain metaphor.
- HanTun.Software for Computing Handle and Tunnel Loops in 3D Models.
- ShortLoop. Soft for computing shortest homology basis.